Feel You Have Limited Time? Here’s What To Do30 July 2023
Maybe we should trust the process.
Darius Foroux, renowned speaker and coach, says this on the power of trust.
“Like Steve Jobs said: You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”
Want A Positive Life?
- Focus on what you are feeling right now. If you’re sad, feel the sadness. If you’re happy, feel it.
- Share your feelings with someone close to you. Everyone has negative thoughts from time to time.
- Do something nice for yourself.
- Take time to count your blessings.
- Eat well.
- Make social connections.
Finding It Hard To Pay Attention?
Maybe this book will help….
Stolen Focus, as the names suggests, implies that our attention has been grabbed from us from powerful forces, one of which is very familiar to all of us – social media.
Every media channel rewards users for staying longer on the platform, interacting more, doing more, scrolling more… in other words keeping you focused on the channel.
“The algorithm rewards you, and boosts your posts,” they tell us.
The challenge is that you can only focus on one thing at a time. So the end result for all this social media activity is ‘stolen focus.’
The inevitable outcome is that you don’t get much else done.
And as the days and weeks roll by, you notice that you haven’t really progressed in life.
So, how do you get your focus back?
This book is a starting point.
Now just in case you think I’m bashing you, you’ll be happy to note that according to Johann, you are not the problem. Your difficulty in focusing is a system problem.
The big tech companies have designed an environment to steal your attention. This is not a battle you can win through willpower.
But there are some things you can do to regain control of your focus.
Here are 6 key take-out points that I found useful after reading this book:
- Don’t listen to negative self-talk like “You’re lazy”, “You’re not good enough”, “What’s wrong with you?”
- Switch off the TV.
- Set aside quality alone time. Go upcountry. Fishing. A walk in the park.
- Practice silence.
- Take extended times away from social media. Johann takes six months of the year totally off it.
- Sleep is not a luxury. It is essential for sustained focus.
Loving These Snippets?
If you are, consider sharing this post with a friend and become a subscriber.
Until then, regain your time and have a time-conscious day.
Live on purpose. Live large.